Thursday, August 20, 2009

I got my camera back from the shop!

It’s been a long 3 weeks!  I received a call from Peachtree Camera Repair in Marietta, GA at 12:30pm yesterday.  They notified me that my D300 was ready for pick up.  I was more excited than I can say.  I will admit that while it was in the shop, I was forced to “re-learn” my D70.  I found that although I did not want to necessarily go back to it, I remembered after  doing a photoshoot with it, just how nice and sharp it was.  I appreciated the D70 again and was able to do my session without any issues.

 

My wife Tabatha and I left for Atlanta as soon as I got off work at 2:30-2:45 and high-tailed it up I75 so we could miss the Atlanta traffic.  We were blessed to be able to get all the way through downtown Atlanta and up to Marietta in a timely manner.  The traffic was good all the way until about 2 miles before the exit I needed to take.  We arrived at the shop just before closing and I was so pleased to check the camera out and see it focusing like it was supposed to.

 

We left and had dinner at the Marietta Diner (seen on Food Network on DDD) and that was nice.  We both had to bring food home, they give you A LOT of food!  We bought two slices of cake (Carrot and German Chocolate) and I tasted them when we got home and by the way, they are gigantic slices.  The cakes are delicious and worth a trip up there by themselves.

 

I took a few test shots once I got home and they were sharper than ever, even more than I when I first started shooting with it!  I was very impressed and I’m very happy.

 

No comments: