Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Business Contacts and Inspirations

www.jfxdigital.com

 

Probably the most inspiring person in the business I know, is Mr. David Jones.  He has done the un-thinkable (for many of us).  He left a full-time job to pursue his passion of photography.  This is how I met him and found out his purpose and goal.  David and I served in the same reserve unit on Robins AFB, GA.  He was a loud and charismatic individual and it made me want to do what I normally do, pick on people!  So, he was now a target.  Of course, the real goal was to find out if he knew Christ as his personal savior. 

 

When he and I got a moment to just talk, I found out that he did know Christ.  Well, one conversation led to another and we began talking about where we came from and stuff like that.  When he got to explaining how he had left the active duty life to pursue his passion of photography, I was lit up!  I had all sorts of questions and that spawned another great relationship with a professional.  After seeing his website and his work, I was certain that I would learn a great deal from him; I wasn’t wrong.

 

Since then, I talk to David (he lives in Atlanta) every week and we keep each other motivated in the business efforts and in prayer as well.  I try to encourage him on the spiritual things and things of God and he keeps me focused on pushing the envelope.  I have worked with him on a project for the Atlanta Power Team photoshoot several months ago and look forward to more events with him.

 

 

www.michaelwilliamsphotography.net

 

I was very blessed to re-connect with an old photo friend, Mr. Michael Williams of Michael Williams Photography.  We have been in contact with each other via email for over a week now and needed to catch up.  We met last night (4/6/09) at Starbucks and started what will be a spread of meetings to get “up to date” on the latest happenings in each other’s lives and businesses.    Michael is a full-time photographer and a very proficient one at that.  He also teaches basic photography skills at one of the local tech schools.  I have admired his work over the years and his professionalism and I really look up to him. 

 

Michael and I talked for an hour and a half on a variety of topics, all centering around “the business” and where we desire to go with things.  I was impressed by how far he’s come in the little-over a year that I’ve been out of touch with him.  His business is thriving and he has made leaps towards being the “go-to” photographer in this area for event and wedding photography.  After leaving the meeting, I felt even more inspired to work harder at making strides and trusting in God to propel my own business to a level that is beyond my imaginations.  Look out world, I’m coming!

 

When you are able, stop by his site and pay him a visit.  You will be impressed with his work.

 

 

www.lastingmemories65.com

 

R. Lee Hamilton of Lasting Memories I have known the least amount of time of the three.  I worked with her for several months in the IT directorate on Robins AFB, GA.  She has a beautiful eye for photos and I’m impressed with her work.  When it comes to personality and desire, she ranks at the top in my book.

 

She has a wonderful site as well, stop by and see her work too.

No comments: